whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously didn't know where to shop!

lunedì 10 ottobre 2011

SEPTEMBER FABS


- despite all predictions, I have been absolutely L-O-V-I-N-G my glasses!!!!!!!! Accepting the fact that I needed to wear glasses wasn’t easy, even though I knew that my vision wasn’t excellent for sometime, …to be precise my eyesight has gone down since I started working: 9 hours in front of a computer definitely took a toll on my sight. I have received a ton of compliments the past few weeks: friends, family and colleagues all say I look great. Apparently glasses give me more ‘character’. I think I was lucky in choosing the right pair: the optician advised me well :)
- as far as makeup goes I’ve been using my new Chanel Illusion D’Ombre eyeshadows almost every day. Like I said in previous posts they are easy to use and the final look is just stunning: minimum effort maximum result! Other makeup items I’ve used a lot this month are my Tarte Park Avenue Princess bronzer (I actually use it as a blush and I adore the shine it gives, it’s a blush and highlighter all in one!), L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara, MAC’s Lady Gaga 2 lipstick (imo the perfect nude lipstick)  and, even if it’s not strictly makeup, my Evian facial spray (it’s my savior when I need to wake up/ freshen up after lunch break!);
- clothes wise, my torn Zara jeans have been my go-to jeans for the weekends. I usually pair them with my Timberland boots and I love the casual/country final look. Another item I’ve worn a lot in September is my Esprit infinity scarf: it’s grey and I bought it in NYC. It’s so soft, it keeps me warm, and you can do so many looks with it. I’m glad I picked grey cos I find it so easy to match with any color.
- last but not least, September was definitely the month of my Miu Miu bow bag! Since the day it arrived I’ve been using it every-single-day. Everywhere! I am a ‘one bag’ person, so wherever I go the bag goes! I am sooooooooo happy of the color I picked and, after months of carrying my Balenciaga city on my arm, I am enjoying the strap and having my hands free! The bag itself is very spacious and I love how it’s not ‘slouchy’, it stands up straight! (maniac much??!!)

__________________________________________

- se un mese fa mi avreste detto che i miei occhiali avrebbero fatto parte dei miei preferiti del mese non ci avrei mai creduto. Eppure! Da quando li porto, a parte il vedere ovviamente meglio, ricevo una valanga di complimenti: amici, parenti, colleghi non hanno fatto che ripetermi come gli occhiali mi donino. A quanto pare mi danno più carattere. Mah! Ha fatto bene l’ottico a consigliarmeli!!!
- in ambito makeup non sarete sorprese quando dico che ho usato quasi tutti i giorni gli ombretti Illusion D’Ombre di Chanel. Sono talmente facili da applicare ed il look finale è strepitoso: minimo sforzo, massimo risultato! Altri trucchi del mese sono stati il bronzer Tarte Park Avenue Princess (che uso come blush, dona un colore molto naturale, e fa anche da illuminante), L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara, il rossetto Lady Gaga 2 della MAC (a mio parere il perfetto rossetto neutro), ed anche se non è proprio un prodotto di makeup, lo spray Evian per il viso (la mia salvezza quando ho bisogno di una svegliata dopo la pausa pranzo!);
- in fatto di abbigliamento ogni weekend ho indossato i miei jeans strappati Zara, di solito abbinati con gli scarponi Timberland per quel look casual/trasgressivo. Visto che dal lunedì al venerdì devo vestirmi in maniera ‘consona’ all’ufficio, il fine settimana mi piace stravolgere il look! Ho indossato spessissimo anche la mia sciarpa infinity della Esprit: l’ho comprata a New York, è grigia, abbinabile con tutto, morbidissima, mantiene caldo senza soffocare, e la si può portare in mille modi. Infinity appunto!
- ed infine, la cosa più gettonata del mese di settembre è stata la mia borsa Miu Miu. Più la guardo e più mi piace! Sono felicissima del color che ho scelto, sicura che non mi stuferà mai, e dopo un anno in cui ho sempre portato la mia Balenciaga city sul braccio mi sto godendo la tracolla della Miu Miu….finalmente le braccia libere!!! La borsa in sé è molto capiente e mi piace il fatto che rimane dritta, senza afflosciarsi quando la si poggia... sono un po’ maniacale vero??!!    

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento