whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously didn't know where to shop!

domenica 6 novembre 2011

LOOK OF THE DAY


Yesterday I went for a neutral look. I’ve been recreating LittleKiva’s tutorial of the UD Naked Palette very often recently and I’ve been loving it. It’s easy, quick and pretty. For foundation I decided to give GA’s Lasting Silk Foundation a go and……mmmmmm…..it’s still not my go-to foundation but I think I found a trick to make it work. My issues with this foundation were basically two: the dull/grey finish and the poor coverage.  For more brightness and glow I discovered that applying Clarins Beauty Balm as a base really helps to brighten up my face. As for the coverage, instead of the usual two pumps, I added a third and it made a huge difference. Should have thought of that earlier!!! Anyway, after that I used MAC’s Select Cover Up concealer and MAC’s Sheer Pressed Powder on my t-zone. I decided to go a bit strong on the blush since my eyes were going to be pretty neutral: Illamasqua’s Libido blush. For the eyes, after prepping them with UDPP in Sin, I used the Naked palette: first Naked and Buck in the crease, then Sin on the lid. I then lined both upper and lower lash line with MAC’s Coffee pencil and applied YSL’s brown mascara. For the lips I used a lipstick I have been absolutely adoring: Chanel’s Boy lipstick.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ieri pomeriggio mi sentivo poco fantasiosa e quindi come look ho ricreato il tutorial di LittleKiva sul UD Naked Palette. L’ho fatto diverse volte ultimamente e mi piace un sacco: è semplice, veloce e molto carino. Per il fondotinta ho deciso di dare una chance al Lasting Silk di Giorgio Armani e……mmmm…….non sarà ancora tra i miei preferiti, ma forse ho trovato un modo per farlo funzionare. I motivi per cui questo fondotinta non mi ha fatto impazzire sono due: l’effetto grigio/spento e la poca coprenza. Per ovviare al primo ho scoperto che applicando il Beauty Balm della Clarins come base si riesce ad ottenere quella luce e luminosità che tanto mi piace. E per la coprenza, invece dei soliti due ‘spruzzi’ del dosatore ne ho aggiunto un terzo ed ha fatto la differenza. A saperlo prima!!! Comunque, ho continuato applicando il correttore Select Cover Up e la Sheer Pressed Powder entrambi della MAC. Come blush ho deciso di scegliere qualcosa di vistoso visto che gli occhi sarebbero stati piuttosto neutri: Libido di Illamasqua. Per gli occhi, dopo aver messo UDPP in Sin come base, ho usato la Naked Palette: Naked e Buck nella piega dell’occhio e Sin sulla palpebra. Come matita ho applicato Coffee della MAC e poi il mascara marrone YSL. Sulle labbra ho usato un rossetto che sto adorando da quando l’ho comprato: Boy di Chanel.      

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento