whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously didn't know where to shop!

martedì 16 agosto 2011

NYC SUPER HAUL: SEPHORA

Hey dolls!!! When I uploaded this pic on my FB I named it PARADISE, and trust me it was. This one in the photo is the Sephora on 5th Avenue and when you pass by you cannot NOT stop a second and look at it. And if you're a makeup junkie like moi, after looking and snapping a pic, you go inside and shop!!! I splurged in this Sephora and the 2 ones in Times Square and...geez it was intense!!! The $$$ rose by the second and I think that's why the sales staff insisted I signed up for their Beauty Insider card. Actually good thing I did cos I ended up getting a ton of free stuff: MUFE eye pencils, Sephora's mascaras, DKNY Pure perfume... happy!!!
__________________________
Ciao bambole!!! Quando ho caricato questa foto sulla mia pagina FB l'ho intitolata PARADISO, e fidatevi lo era. Questa nella foto è la Sephora lungo la 5th Avenue e la facciata è così carattiristica che non ti puoi non fermare a guardarla. Poi, ovvio, se siete una makeup addict come me, dopo averla osservata, entrate e fate shooping!!! Ho fatto shopping in questa Sephora e nelle 2 a Times Square ed ho fatto enormi danni!!! I $$$ sono saliti vertiginosamente e forse è per questo che lo staff ha tanto insistito che io mi facessi la loro Beauty Insider Card (la nostra Carta Fedeltà Sephora lì non può essere usata). A posteriori è stato un bene che l'ho fatta perchè ho ricevuto un sacco di cosette gratis: matite MUFE, mascara Sephora, il profumo Pure di DKNY,....mica male!!!
Well now, stop with the rambling and lets it the makeup!!!
The first counter I had to check out immediately was Urban Decay: I DESPERATELY wanted the Naked palette and... ta ta taaaa... I found it!!!! It was the last one (waiting for me!!!) and when I saw it I grabed it like it was gold....like a crazy woman!!! I also got the primer potions in Sin and Greed and I hope the tube form works better than the bottle...
_____________________________
La prima marca cui mi sono diretta è stata Urban Decay: ero alla DISPERATA ricerca della Naked palette e per fortuna l'ho trovata!!!! Era l'ultima (era lì sola sola che mi aspettava!) e appena l'ho vista l'ho presa come una pazza! Ho anche comprato i primer potion in Sin e Greed e spero vivamente che il formato in tubetto si riveli migliore della bottiglia...
Illamasqua... oh Illamasqua Illamasqua. This counter was a dissapointment. I have only one blush by this brand (Excite) and it is by far one of my favorites. So I decided to try out the cream blushes and got Libido..... scary I now!!! But LittleKiva swares by it so I took it. Then, being the foundation-obsessed that I am I picked their Rich Liquid Foundation, which is suppose to give flawless coverage. The rest was total caos. Caos because I feel that the Illamasqua counters haven't been sorted out in a looooooooong time!!! The boxes were all half broken or thorn, and there was no matching between the testers in front and the actual products behind!!!! So irritating. And unfortunately I got a taste of it when choosing the lipglosses:
___________________________________
Mi rincresce dirlo, ma lo stand Illamasqua mi ha deluso tantissimo. Mi è dispiaciuto perchè l'Illamasqua era una delle marche di cui ero più entusiasta, credevo che avrei comprato molto di più ma....non ci sono riuscita!!! Quando mi sono recata allo stand mi sono trovata davanti al caos totale: le scatoline erano aperte o consumate, e non c'era corrispondenza tra i tester ed i prodotti...un nervoso!!! Ho comprato il blush in crema nel colore Libido ed il fondotinta Rich Liquid Foundation, e fin quì tutto regolare. Ma pultroppo per i gloss mi sono ritrovata con tutt'altro di quello che volevo!!!
I would NEVER buy a clear lipgloss and a baby pink lipgloss. Never. But this is what I found when I got home and opened the packages. If I lived in the States I would obviously return them, but now I'm stuck with two 'useless' products. See what I mean when I said CAOS?!!!
________________________________
Io non comprerei MAI un gloss trasparente ed uno baby rosa. Mai. Eppure questi sono i colori con cui mi sono ritrovata una volta rientrata a casa. Pultroppo non li posso restituire e mi urta pensare d'aver sprecato soldi. Vabbè, mi inventerò qualcosa!!!
Nars. Nars was easy--- I knew what I wanted and went straight for it!
Laguna Bronzer and Super Orgasm Illuminator
...to be continued...

3 commenti:

  1. Che meraviglia, c'è da perdersi in un posto così. Complimenti per gli acquisti.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hello!! LOVE THE SUPER HAUL! and great items!
    i went this sephora too in NYC when i was there early this year and I literally almost died!
    i bought pretty much the same things as you.. mostly things that i can't buy here in Australia :)))

    ps. even if i dont understand italian, your photos spoke to me!

    RispondiElimina
  3. we have sephora here in canada and i am addicted!!
    but unfortunately i have to order my illamasqua products all the way from the uk because they arent sold here! that sucks about the lipglosses! at sephora i always find myself opening the packages to make sure the product i am getting is what i want! the girls who work there look at me like im crazy!

    RispondiElimina