whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously didn't know where to shop!

giovedì 12 maggio 2011

Review: Anna And The French Kiss




hi guys! I finally finished this book and let me say immediately that I did NOT like!!! I have no idea where all the hype came from, I struggled reading it, I was not involved at all by the story and at some point I was tempted to give up but forced myself to finish in order to write a review. Honestly I thought the plot had potential (which is why I rated it 2/5 and not 1/5!), it sounded pretty good when I bought it and all the huge hype around it definitely pushed me to pick it up… But what ruined the book, in my opinion, was the way it was written: too shallow, too superficial, there was no depth, no introspection,…NADA!!! I know it’s a YA book, but this doesn’t mean that the narration must be almost childish. Because that’s how I felt it was: plain. Every time I took the book in my hands I had to go back a few pages to remember where I had stopped because I couldn’t recall the story. When I like a book I find myself thinking of the story through out the day, but this time all I could think about was how badly I needed to finish it! After 300+ pages one would think there’d be some kind of ‘affection’ to the characters, but it wasn’t like that for me, I just couldn't care less. I’m really sorry for giving a bad review, I really wanted to like this book, but I have to contradict the hype and say that this book is not worth reading (for me!) since it left me with nothing at the end of it. What do you think? Is my judgement too severe? xxx - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento