whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously didn't know where to shop!

giovedì 29 gennaio 2015

BEST OF BEAUTY 2014

Hello my lovely subbies!
Hope you’ve had the best start of 2015.
This blogpost was long in the making and I know it might be a little late but, hey, I thought that if I posted it before January ended it would be ok.
In the makeup area these are the products that really stood out (in no order):

-Kat Von D Lock-It foundation. Girls, this is the foundation of ALL foundations. The holy grail. It’s the perfect match for my skin tone (first time in my life I bought a foundation online and actually got the shade right!) and it’s full coverage (like, hard core full coverage). The finish is mat, not my fave, so I mix a few drops of MAC’s Luster Drops and the final look is perfection. I just can’t stop staring at myself in the mirror: flawless skin thanks to the full coverage, luminous and glowing finish thanks to the luster drops…. Seriously, I cannot ask for more. It’s like Nars Sheer Glow (another one of my faves) but with a touch more coverage and better matching to my skin color (Barcelona is just too yellow on me). 


-NARS Creamy Concealers. I say concealerS because I actually mix two shades (what’s with Nars color selection that just doesn't match my skin?!!!). At first I bought the shade Ginger and after using it regularly for a couple of months I came to the conclusion that it was a tad dark for my under eye area, so I got Custard which ended up being way too light! So now I mix the two, applying Custard more towards the inner corners and Ginger under my eyes, around my nose, chin, etc. and they work great. As for foundation, it’s all about the coverage. These concealers erase everything, dark circles under the eyes, redness around the nose, spots, hyper-pigmentation, you name it. They don’t crease (even if I don't set with powder) and are very easy to blend. Two thumbs up!


-Anastasia Brow-Wiz. Do you know how many times I purchased this item last year? Three!!! That alone goes to show my love for it.


-MAC’s Warm Soul blush. I adore this blush. A lot. It’s a mineralize blush and I think it’s a must have, especially if you like warm tones. For me this blush is a ‘fuss-free’ blush, it goes with whatever eye look or lipstick I wear and it’s soooo pretty. I love the mineralize formulation because it gives the most beautiful highlight to the cheeks, so one step less in the makeup routine. Get it!


-MAC’s Ruby Woo lipstick. This has been my go-to red lipstick for the whole of 2014. When I want to rock a red lip (quite often actually) I pick Ruby Woo without thinking. It’s a retro-matte lipstick, which means that it will stay on my lips for a long time: I can eat, drink or kiss (!!!) and this baby does not move. Maybe after 5-6 hours the color might loose intensity but I end up with beautifully red stained lips and it’s gorgeous. 


-MUFE Microperfecting Primer. I’ve never been a fan of primers. I buy them, use them for a while and then totally forget about them. Except for this one by MUFE which I actually use every day! I bought it last summer when I was on vacation in Paris and the SA in Sephora recommend it to me when I told her I had combination oily skin with uneven coloring. I feel this primer not only smoothes my skin but it also color corrects the redness around my nose and chin which helps.


-Urban Decay’s Primer Potion. This one is an oldie but a goodie. This too is a fuss-free product: I put it on and bye bye eyeshadow creasing. My eyeshadows have more color intensity and the whole eye look lasts the whole day. Get it. 


-MUFE Eyeshadow Pencil in 20E. Dear MUFE, is it too much to ask for you to name your products with actual ‘words’ instead of numbers?! UH! Anyway this stuff is awesome, my best friend on those mornings when I’m running late but still want a little something on my lids. I love the beige-champagne color which goes with basically everything and brightens the eye. I love that I don’t need to apply a base and it doesn't crease. And I love how I just have to draw it on my lids (messily even!) and no blending required. 


-Liquid Eyeliner Pens. I love eyeliner and I’m one of those girls who feel naked without eyeliner. Seriously, I cannot function! I bought these two eyeliner pens a couple of summers ago when I was on vacation in Kuala Lumpur and two years later they’re still going strong. Doing the damn feline flick has never been easier!
                                        



So these are the products that immediately come to my mind when I think of my faves. Obviously, there’s more. Much more! But these are the items that if I’d loose for some reason, I would repurchase in a heart beat, without thinking. 


xoxo,Lara.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento